How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
How much can a RAM 1500 tow? Properly equipped, this critically-lauded pickup has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. This earns the 2019 RAM 1500 Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. All-new for 2019, the RAM 1500 offers greater capabilities than many other competitors, as well as improved fuel-efficiency for long, far-reaching jobs near Oklahoma City. Learn more about the new RAM 1500 towing capacity and other specs below!
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
Each of the three available RAM 1500 engines bring their own unique strengths to the table, all paired with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Here’s a glance at the stats:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque—produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine—produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque—produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
Depending on the trim, payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
More Features for Easier Towing
The 2019 RAM 1500 offers a number of features beyond stark engine power that make it more tow-capable than other similar models, helping you tow campers or other equipment through Oklahoma City more safely and efficiently. Highlights include:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the RAM 1500 earn up to 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power on Mustang and El Reno roads.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
Test Drive the 2019 RAM 1500 at Westpointe Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Yukon!
Want to know more about the 2019 RAM 1500, like its weight, interior features and technologies? Contact us! Or, compare RAM 1500 vs. GMC Sierra, RAM vs. Silverado, or RAM vs. Ford F-150. Ready to take the next step forward? Our sales and finance team will help you find the perfect car or truck that fits your budget, and estimate the most accurate monthly payments to help you plan your purchase in advance.
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup
More From Westpointe Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Considering the 2020 Jeep Wrangler for your Oklahoma City off-road adventures? Before you get behind the wheel, you may be wondering how much can a Jeep Wrangler tow? Depending on whether you select a two- or four-door configuration, the Jeep Wrangler towing capacity reaches 2,000 or 3,500 pounds, respectively. No matter which configuration you opt for,…
Whether on- or off-road, the Jeep Grand Cherokee blends the rugged and refined in Oklahoma City. And not only does this SUV offer exceptional performance and top-notch safety features, but the 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee interior is packed with comforts and conveniences in an upscale package. Whether you’re looking for a spacious design or a tech-filled…
If you’re shopping for a new SUV near Oklahoma City that is highly capable both on and off-road, the 2020 Jeep Cherokee should move to the top of your list. With five unique new Jeep Cherokee trim levels available, there’s an option for every type of driver in Mustang! Explore all of the Jeep Cherokee configurations…