How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
How much can a RAM 1500 tow? Properly equipped, this critically-lauded pickup has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. This earns the 2019 RAM 1500 Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. All-new for 2019, the RAM 1500 offers greater capabilities than many other competitors, as well as improved fuel-efficiency for long, far-reaching jobs near Oklahoma City. Learn more about the new RAM 1500 towing capacity and other specs below!
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
Each of the three available RAM 1500 engines bring their own unique strengths to the table, all paired with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Here’s a glance at the stats:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque—produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine—produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque—produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
Depending on the trim, payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
More Features for Easier Towing
The 2019 RAM 1500 offers a number of features beyond stark engine power that make it more tow-capable than other similar models, helping you tow campers or other equipment through Oklahoma City more safely and efficiently. Highlights include:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the RAM 1500 earn up to 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power on Mustang and El Reno roads.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
Test Drive the 2019 RAM 1500 at Westpointe Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Yukon!
Want to know more about the 2019 RAM 1500, like its weight, interior features and technologies? Contact us! Or, compare RAM 1500 vs. GMC Sierra, RAM vs. Silverado, or RAM vs. Ford F-150. Ready to take the next step forward? Our sales and finance team will help you find the perfect car or truck that fits your budget, and estimate the most accurate monthly payments to help you plan your purchase in advance.
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup
More From Westpointe Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Before being fully loaded or hooked up to a trailer, the new RAM 1500 weight ranges from 4,798 lbs to 5,374 lbs. The vehicle’s design allows for high towing capabilities across Oklahoma City, with Gross Vehicle Weight Ratings between 6,800 lbs and 7,100 lbs. Read on to find out about curb weight, GVWR, and more. View…
Looking to level up visibility on your 2019 Jeep Wrangler? The new Wrangler for sale can be equipped with LED headlights for better visibility and navigation to and from Oklahoma City. This higher-trim lighting package is available with upgraded models, or available to outfit a lower trim with Mopar® LED bulbs. Take it easy on yourself…
U.S. News and World Report’s list of compact SUVs ranks the 2019 Jeep Cherokee in the top 15 of the category. Why do critics and Oklahoma City area drivers love it so much? Because there’s so much to love among the many Jeep Cherokee trim levels, whether it’s a Jeep Cherokee 4×4 or FWD. Need details…