How Much Can a Jeep Wrangler Tow?
Considering the 2020 Jeep Wrangler for your Oklahoma City off-road adventures? Before you get behind the wheel, you may be wondering how much can a Jeep Wrangler tow? Depending on whether you select a two- or four-door configuration, the Jeep Wrangler towing capacity reaches 2,000 or 3,500 pounds, respectively. No matter which configuration you opt for, you’ll have Jeep 4×4 technology to back you up, in addition to a range of advanced towing features. Learn more with the team at Westpointe Chrysler Jeep Dodge, below!
2020 Wrangler Towing Capacity
As we noted above, the 2020 Wrangler towing capacity reaches its maximum capacity at 3,500 pounds. If you wish to reach this capacity, you’ll want to know more about what each trim level can deliver. As you shop for your new Wrangler, keep the following factors in mind:
- Two-door Jeep Wrangler models are capable of towing up to 2,000 pounds, while four-door models are capable of towing up to 3,500 pounds.
- Most of the Wrangler trims are available as both a two-door or four-door configuration, but you should note that the Sport Altitude, Sahara, and Sahara Altitude trims in particular are only available as a four-door model, meaning these trims will always be able to tow up to 3,500 pounds.
Which Jeep Wrangler 4×4 system is best-suited for towing?
- Selec-Trac® 4×4 uses two-wheel drive when you’re moving over a clear road, but switches to 4×4 whenever you encounter snow, rain, ice, or mud.
- Rock-Trac® 4×4 uses a 4:1 low gear ratio, Tru-Lok® electronic-locking differentials, and electronic front sway bar disconnect to deliver excellent off-road performance.
- Command-Trac® 4×4 is the preferred option for towing because it allows you to select a neutral option for towing on flat surfaces. Of course, it also features a 2.72:1 low gear ratio for adventures that take you over rough terrain.
Have lingering questions about the 2020 Wrangler towing capacity? The Jeep specialists at Westpointe Chrysler Jeep Dodge are here to help you find the ideal model for your needs, with all of the necessary features to conquer your adventures.
Jeep Wrangler Towing Features
The Jeep Wrangler 4×4 systems we highlighted above are sure to help you out as you tow through Mustang, but your Wrangler will also be equipped with standard towing-ready features like front and rear heavy-duty tow hooks, as well as:
- Winch and Control Light Bars
- Programmable Aux Switches
- 700-Amp Maintenance Free Battery
- 240-Amp Alternator
- Seven and Four-Pin Wiring Harness
- Class II Tow Receiver Hitch
Test Drive the 2020 Wrangler at Westpointe Chrysler Jeep Dodge
How much can a Jeep Wrangler tow? More than enough to get your favorite compact camper or a small trailer full of gear to your latest El Reno adventure! Experience the power of the 2020 Wrangler firsthand when you contact us at Westpointe Chrysler Jeep Dodge to schedule a test drive. You can compare the Wrangler vs. Wrangler Rubicon while you’re here, and learn more about our convenient new vehicle specials!
More About Jeep Model Features
Oklahoma City-area Jeep lovers are excited for the announcement of the new Jeep Wagoneer. When it was created in 1963, the original Wagoneer turned heads with its combination of off-road ability and passenger-car comfort, and Jeep continues that legacy with the classier set of three-row SUVs, the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer. At this point, only the…
Think of buying a new truck, and what’s the first thing that comes to mind? Okay, what’s the most exciting thing that comes to mind? Probably picking out colors! A favorite part of purchasing or leasing a pickup for many Oklahoma City and Mustang area vehicle shoppers, picking out colors is an opportunity to match your…
Autotrader.com has called the 2021 Jeep Renegade the “most off-road-capable and arguably the most characterful contender among subcompact SUV/crossovers.” But why? The new 2021 Jeep Renegade for sale in Yukon is spacious, stylish, efficient, and so much more! Plus, it’s packed with the latest safety and infotainment technology. Ready to learn all about the Jeep…
Our Oklahoma City customers work hard during the week and play hard on the weekend. They need a vehicle that can match that lifestyle. Maybe that’s why the Cherokee is so popular. The 2021 Jeep Cherokee towing capacity is a massive 4,500 pounds when properly equipped. So, it can pull whatever grown up toys you use…
If you’re like our other Oklahoma City or Mustang customers, you like to have options. Fortunately, there are twelve great 2021 Jeep Wrangler trim levels to choose from. We walk you through all of the Jeep Wrangler configurations below. We’ve even put together a side by side Wrangler Sport vs. Wrangler Sahara vs. Wrangler Rubicon…