How Much Does the RAM 1500 Weigh?
Before being fully loaded or hooked up to a trailer, the new RAM 1500 weight ranges from 4,798 lbs to 5,374 lbs. The vehicle’s design allows for high towing capabilities across Oklahoma City, with Gross Vehicle Weight Ratings between 6,800 lbs and 7,100 lbs. Read on to find out about curb weight, GVWR, and more.
The 2019 RAM 1500 uses a steel and aluminum body for toughness, power, and competitive fuel economy. Curb weight comes in at:
- 2019 RAM 1500 Tradesman: Between 4,798 lbs. and 5,227 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 4,891 lbs. and 5,160 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 4,891 lbs. and 5,232 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 4,971 lbs. and 5,374 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn: Between 4,903 lbs. and 5,232 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Limited: Between 4,903 lbs. and 5,232 lbs.
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)
The gross vehicle weight rating can change slightly depending on the cab or bed length you choose. Specs include:
- 2019 RAM 1500 Tradesman: Between 6,800 lbs. and 7,100 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 6,800 lbs. and 6,900 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 6,800 lbs. and 6,900 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 6,800 lbs. and 6,900 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Longhorn: 6,900 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Limited: 6,900 lbs.
What’s the Difference Between Curb Weight and GVWR?
The curb weight doesn’t include passengers, towing weight, or any additional equipment, while the gross vehicle weight rating represents the maximum you can safely have in the vehicle, including the vehicle weight, passengers, cargo, and tongue weight. Tongue weight is the amount of weight the trailer places on the hitch itself for towing between Mustang and El Reno.
Explore the Ram 1500 Weight Ratings at Yukon
Whether you want to test drive the RAM 1500, check out the Black Edition, or compare RAM against Ford, our team can help – we can even tell you how to reset the check engine light. For any further advice or assistance, simply contact us today.
More From Westpointe Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Considering the 2020 Jeep Wrangler for your Oklahoma City off-road adventures? Before you get behind the wheel, you may be wondering how much can a Jeep Wrangler tow? Depending on whether you select a two- or four-door configuration, the Jeep Wrangler towing capacity reaches 2,000 or 3,500 pounds, respectively. No matter which configuration you opt for,…
Whether on- or off-road, the Jeep Grand Cherokee blends the rugged and refined in Oklahoma City. And not only does this SUV offer exceptional performance and top-notch safety features, but the 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee interior is packed with comforts and conveniences in an upscale package. Whether you’re looking for a spacious design or a tech-filled…
If you’re shopping for a new SUV near Oklahoma City that is highly capable both on and off-road, the 2020 Jeep Cherokee should move to the top of your list. With five unique new Jeep Cherokee trim levels available, there’s an option for every type of driver in Mustang! Explore all of the Jeep Cherokee configurations…