How Much Does the RAM 1500 Weigh?
Before being fully loaded or hooked up to a trailer, the new RAM 1500 weight ranges from 4,798 lbs to 5,374 lbs. The vehicle’s design allows for high towing capabilities across Oklahoma City, with Gross Vehicle Weight Ratings between 6,800 lbs and 7,100 lbs. Read on to find out about curb weight, GVWR, and more.
The 2019 RAM 1500 uses a steel and aluminum body for toughness, power, and competitive fuel economy. Curb weight comes in at:
- 2019 RAM 1500 Tradesman: Between 4,798 lbs. and 5,227 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 4,891 lbs. and 5,160 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 4,891 lbs. and 5,232 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 4,971 lbs. and 5,374 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn: Between 4,903 lbs. and 5,232 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Limited: Between 4,903 lbs. and 5,232 lbs.
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)
The gross vehicle weight rating can change slightly depending on the cab or bed length you choose. Specs include:
- 2019 RAM 1500 Tradesman: Between 6,800 lbs. and 7,100 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 6,800 lbs. and 6,900 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 6,800 lbs. and 6,900 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 6,800 lbs. and 6,900 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Longhorn: 6,900 lbs.
- 2019 RAM 1500 Limited: 6,900 lbs.
What’s the Difference Between Curb Weight and GVWR?
The curb weight doesn’t include passengers, towing weight, or any additional equipment, while the gross vehicle weight rating represents the maximum you can safely have in the vehicle, including the vehicle weight, passengers, cargo, and tongue weight. Tongue weight is the amount of weight the trailer places on the hitch itself for towing between Mustang and El Reno.
Explore the Ram 1500 Weight Ratings at Yukon
Whether you want to test drive the RAM 1500, check out the RAM 1500 Black Edition, compare the RAM 1500 against the Ford F-150 or compare it to the 2020 Chevy Silverado, our team can help! We can even tell you how to reset the check engine light. For any further advice or assistance, simply contact us today.
More From Westpointe Chrysler Jeep Dodge
On-the-hunt for an affordable, spacious, and rugged compact SUV near Oklahoma City? At Westpointe Chrysler Jeep Dodge, we’ve got just the vehicle for you: the new 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee. What does the new Cherokee offer that you won’t find in the competition? There’s a whole lot to love about this Jeep SUV, as it happens, and that’s largely…
Searching for an affordable new pickup truck that looks and plays the part of capable towing and hauling machine for your Oklahoma City and Mustang adventures? Stylish, affordable, capable, and well-appointed at any trim, the 2020 RAM 1500 helps you make more of every daily drive. Plus, with six different trim level options, this new RAM…
The Dodge Charger is a bold and powerful car that always turns the heads of Yukon drivers, and the 2020 model is no exception. Take one ride in a Dodge Charger and you’ll be hooked! You’ll find the muscle is paired with a gorgeous Dodge Charger interior, and now Dodge brings new designs and colors…